Friday, June 22, 2012

Quiet Girl by: Langston Hughes


I would liken you

To a night without stars

Were it not for your eyes.

I would liken you

To a sleep without dreams

Were it not for your songs.


The piece above did not interest me at first but once I read it a few times it moved me to remix it. Langston Hughes is my favorite poet because he has a way of making his words jump up off of the page and dance like they've just been released from slavery. I'm beginning to read as if I'm learning for the first time and can actually visualize every letter as if their heart beats are pounding my pupils from left to right. Below is my version of "Quiet Girl" by Langston Hughes, enjoy!


Let me show you the universe

Where the galaxies leave you star struck

Just close your eyes my dear


Let me show you the universe

Where dreams come true

And dreams sing songs of you

No comments:

Post a Comment